Followers

Friday 18 January 2013

Forever Friends Girly Card

I trust everyone had a good week, mine was pretty busy at work and definitely happy its not the week end!

I am entering the card in several challenges and would be interested to have your feedback. Girly is not really my strong point, think i have a tendency to be too much of a tomboy some ha ha. But i really enjoyed making this one and it is certainly a lot busier than my normal cards but it has all come together pretty well i think?


Well i worked around the topper this time, whereas i normally work the other way around. The image and papers are all from the same paper pack. I used a pearlescent white card blank to start. I then cut my striped paper to the size i wanted it and mounted on to slightly darker brown paper. I then cut a smaller square of flowered paper and mounted this on the same brown paper, but i made the border on this one a lot narrower. I took some more pearlescent card stock and trimmed it down to a strip to go over the from. I then punched the design along the bottom. I Cut a strip of dotty paper and adhered this to the card strip. I am shocking at trying to stick paper down straight so much confess i had to trim along the top a little to make sure it aligned. I then wrapped a white ribbon and stuck this to the back. I then adhered the strip to the card after much playing around with positioning. I cut out the image, mounted on to white card stock and them mounted again on the same brown paper. I adhered this to the card using double sided foam tape so give it a bit more lift and so it didn't look flat against the embellishments i wanted to ad. I then cut out a flourish using a die and my big shot, this was cut from the same white card stock. I really wanted to use my Marianne rose dies because i love them and decided i would make three roses out of the offcuts of the different papers and i actually really like the contrast it gives. I punched a butterfly using my trusty Martha Stewart butterfly punch and adhered to the card and then added my beloved gems. I added some stickles to the inside of the roses to give them a little more pizazz. Hope you like my efforts

I used...
Forever Friends image and papers by Do Crafts
White pearlescent card stock from Kmart
Flourishes Die
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Martha Stewart border punch
Gems from Kaiser craft
Marianne Rose Die
Glossy Accents
Stickles

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges






Have a great weekend and as always thanks for joining me

Jox

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful jo.gorgeous pretty papers and design and i love the sweet ff bear :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete