Followers

Sunday 20 January 2013

My other chosen card

Me again.

This is the other card i have chosen to submit to my challenges. I just love the combination of red and black and i have had this digi in my collection for a little bit as i fell in love with it the minute i saw it but just haven't gotten around to using it.


I wanted to keep this one fairly simple too as she is such a gorgeous image i wanted her to be the focal point. I took a black pearlescent card blank for my base. I then cut a strip of red pearlscent paper and used a Martha Stewart bored punch. I cut another strip from the same black card stock and embossed it to give it a little additional details. I mounted the black onto the red and then mounted these straight to the card base. I coloured my image with my trusty Copics but wanted this to have a little more blink/shimmer so i added some clear star gelly roll to the rose in her hair to give it a little sparkle, i used black aqualip on her shoes so they look like they are patent. I coloured the lamp post using black metallic gelly roll and the light bulb using yellow glaze. I then coloured around the image in really light grey to make it pop out at you a little more. I then mounted the image on black card stock leaving a thin border and then mounted this on red paper leaving another narrow border and then finally again onto black card stock with another narrow border and then adhered it to the card at a slight angle. I then added clear and red gems to complete the card.

I used...
Digital Image from The Paper Shelter
Card Stock Kmart
Pearlescent Paper from local newsagent
Couture Creations embossing folder
Martha Stewart Border punch
Red gems from stash
clear gems Kaiser Craft
Copics R37, E50, C0, C7, C9
Sakura Gelly Rolls Clear Star, Black Metallic
Sakura Yellow Glaze
Sakura Black Aqualip

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges



Thanks
Jox 

2 comments:

  1. so stunning jo.really gorgeous imahe and i love your striking colour combo ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful and so very sweet!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete