Followers

Thursday 10 January 2013

CAS LIM Male Valentines day card

Me again...

I really got into the Flourishes challenge this week and i ended up getting a little carried away and i totally loved it. I love entering in these challenges as it really helps me with ideas and you get so much inspiration from the fabulous entries by other very talented crafters.

I decided i wanted to make a valentines more masculine and i went with a silver and black theme and i am very pleased with it. It still has hearts but a more manly feel :)


I made a Matt black base using card from my stash and also cut out a black heart in the same card. I then used a shiny silver card stock which i embossed. I panicked a little at first as some of the silver coating flaked off a little which doesn't show up in the photo but when i calmed down i actually really like the effect, it gives it an almost weathered or aged look and now i love it. I also die cut another heart the same size as the other in the shiny silver card stock. I mounted the silver embossed panel on another black square panel just to help it pop out and i used dimensionals on the heart for added emphasis. Hope you like it.


Thank you for following my journey
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment