Followers

Sunday 17 February 2013

The Paper Shelter DT Call - Nothing ventured Nothing gained

Hi everyone,

Hope you have all had a good weekend so far, hard to believe it is virtually over already.


The Paper Shelter are running a DT call until the 20th February. I love their digital images and have a few in my now becoming quite vast digital stamp collection and i figured why not, give it a go and see what happens.

I purchased this image recently (from The Paper Shelter) and i wasn't sure how much use i would get out of it. Well the answer to that is heaps, i love it and it is a joy to colour. I also wanted to try something different so i took a digital paper and overlaid the digital image on top and removed the non required white areas so that it left me only with the image to colour. I think it really makes the image pop and i love the effect it gives. I did this using the free software GIMP but i know you can do it using word or any photo editing software. I then coloured her in using my beloved Copics. I would expect it would depend on the printer you have but i was able to use my colourless blender to correct several mistakes without it having any affect on the printed digital paper, it didn't fade it or affect it in anyway.

All the papers used are digital ones i have in my collection but sadly i cannot remember where i obtained these now as i got them when i first started crafting and this was before i started logging everything.



For this card i used...
Little Red Riding Hood Digital Image by The Paper Shelter
Digital papers from my stash
Flowers are by Kaisercraft
Gems and ribbon are from my stash
Cardstock from stash
Spellbinders Die
Marianne Leaf Dies
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Sakura Black Aqualip
Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll

Copics
Hair  E21, E25, E29
Basket   E47, E49
Cape, Shoes and Bows R29
Face   E000, E00, G05, R11
Dress and Socks C3, C5

As always thanks for visiting and hope you have fun crafting

Jox

1 comment:

  1. so gorgeous jo.really stunning design and colours and i love the sweet image, good luck in the DT call ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete