Followers

Saturday 23 February 2013

One Layer Card

Hi everyone,

Trust your weekend is going well so far. Had some sun in Brisbane today but more rain predicted for next week. We do need it though so shouldn't really complain.

Well one of the challenges i am entering this week is "One Layer" which is basically your card blank and any stamped or printed image with minimal embellishment. I have to say they are a little trickier than they look but it did give me the perfect opportunity to play around with my digital stamps and papers.

I took my digital paper and overlayed the digital stamp on top but felt it needed something a little more and decided to add a frame in to the mix. I picked a digital frame from my collection and then re sized the image and played around until i had it in the position i wanted. I left the inside of the image white and made the rest of the background clear so you could see the frame and paper behind. I took the paper and overlaid the framed image and it looked a lot better.

i then copied the completed layered image into word and re sized the whole thing slighting and positioned it on my paper, remembering to turn the image upside down as i am going to fold the card in half to make my card. I then trimmed the paper down to the size i wanted and leaving a decent sized white border. The folded the card in half.

I coloured the image with Copics and Sakura Gelly rolls as i wanted to add a little sparkle without any additional embellishments.

Here is my completed card...


For this card i used...

X-Press it blending card (i print all my digital stamps on to this)
The Paper Shelter Image and digital paper
Frame - from my stash but sadly cannot remember where from
Stamp also my collection
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
Sakura Gelly Rolls
Copics RV34, C3, B32, E59, R81, Y32


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges





Thanks for joining me and happy crafting
Jox

10 comments:

  1. so gorgeus jo.really sweet bear and your one layer design is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adaorable card. Beautiful colours. Nice bear. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Jo! Love the teddy image. Thanks for celebrating along with us at Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to try a digital card, it is really cute.
    Thanks for playing along at Charisma Cardz.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card - great take on the theme.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee This is too cute! Great OLC card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is darling and what a perfect image for a birthday! Thanks for helping us ring in another year for Jan Marie at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love how you have used the digital elements.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, this is such a sweet card :) !!! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just darling, Jo! Thanks so much for joining us in Jan Marie's birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete