Followers

Friday 5 October 2018

Neon Halloween

This card came about purely from playing around and I think because I didn't over think it, it all seemed to come together by itself. I like the outcome as it all just seemed to flow. Because I realised on a previous card that I had printed four digital stamps on to the wrong card stock it was a little tricky to use my normal go to colouring medium my Copics, so I figured I would be a little experimental.

Then it just came to me....Neon Sharpies :)

so I coloured my image with these and really loved the bright fun outcome that was the end result but then I hit a snag...no coloured paper, card or embellishments that would match my colour scheme. I figured I could go with your basic black card but I really wanted patterned papers on it also, I went looking through my stash and at my digital papers and then I thought I wonder what would happen if I printed a paper with a black background with a white image and then coloured it in, this is how my to patterned papers came to be. I really love the neon pink cobwebs.

But then I wanted to add a bit more colour to the layout so I cut a piece of white card stock to mat the cobweb paper on and before adhering the patterned paper I went around the edge that would show with my neon orange sharpie and it makes everything pop but you wouldn't know I coloured it in and the card stock wasn't that colour.

I then took a piece of white ribbon and coloured this with my yellow neon sharpie just to give it a bit more colour and used some super cute spider embellishments from my stash. Sadly the picture didn't pick up just how bright this card is but I love it because it is just a little bit different!


Digital Stamp - Vixie by Hannah Lynn
Inks/Pens - Neon Sharpies in Pink, Orange, Green and Yellow
Embellishments - Mini Gems, Spiders and Ribbon all from Stash
Cardstock - Kaiser Craft in Black and White

I would like to submit my card for the following challenges:






Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting :)





2 comments:

  1. I love the black with the bold colors. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I like the spiderwebs around it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete